The Early Bird Hike & Bike at Garden of the Gods is an opportunity for recreationalists to enjoy the park and its roadways without motor vehicles.
All normal park rules will be enforced. For safety and per normal park rules, skateboarding and longboards are not allowed.
As always, entrance to the park is free.
Parking is available in the naturally-surfaced overflow lot near the park’s main entrance on 30th Street and in the parking lot at the Garden of the Gods Trading Post. Accessible parking spaces are available at the Trading Post.
Construction on 30th Street may impact these dates. Adjustments to the schedule will be publicized.
Recreating on the Road
- No motor vehicles are allowed. Even though there are no cars, there are many different ways that people may use the road during this morning. Share the road and be aware of your surroundings.
- Slow down and enjoy. The speed limit is 20 mph throughout the park.
- People downhill of you have the right of way. Control your speed and announce yourself to others when attempting to pass.
- Even when you’re not on a hill, it’s always a good idea to make your presence known to other users, particularly when approaching from behind.
- Please don’t block the road. Allow room for other users to pass safely. You may need to form a single file line, or in some areas step to the side to let others pass.
- Pets are welcome, but must be on leash at all times and all pet waste removed. Be aware of the length of your leash and your surroundings.
As always, e-assist bicycles are allowed, as are all other power-driven mobility devices (OPDMD) and inline or roller skates. Per normal park rules, skateboards/longboards are not allowed.
- Stay alert. Always be on the lookout for other users. Wear only one earbud while listening to music for both personal safety and awareness.
Recreating off the Road
- The park has unique and sensitive soil that is easily damaged. Even one person off trail can create decades of destruction. Protect the park by staying on official trails.
- The rocks in the park are easily damaged. Do not mark, carve or ride on them.
- Rock climbing permit and safety gear are required for any rock climbing activities inside the park. You can get a permit online at https://coloradosprings.gov/parks/webform/rock-climbing-permit.
- There are areas inside the park for bouldering. You must have a climbing permit and climbing safety pads are recommended.