- Kid's Nature Journal & Activity Book download
- 2023 Discover COS Photo Contest, opens 7/15/2022
- Dog Day Downtown, featuring Amelia’s Big Idea 7/23/22
- FREE Yoga in the Park
Each of the virtual and live opportunities coordinated for Parks and Recreation Month are designed to expand
engagement with residents, increase learning outcomes and encourage outdoor fun!
Let's get social
Follow our pages and share your best COS park and recreation memory, story or photo on social media. #COSParkandRecMonth22
Stay in the know
Stay in the know on Parks and Recreation happenings by joining our monthly e-Newsletter. Topics also include trails, open spaces, and special events.
Facts about Parks and Recreation
National Park and Recreation Month is a time to promote the benefits of healthy, vibrant communities. It is a time to recognize the importance of parks and recreation in establishing and maintaining quality of life and in contributing to the physical, economic, and environmental well-being of communities.
- Park and Recreation Professionals Day, #ParkandRecDay, is back for its fourth year on July 15, 2022, and is celebrated during National Park and Recreation Month. It's a national celebration honoring essential industry professionals across the country, who make our communities better places to live, work and play.
- Evidence not only shows that parks are cooler than their surrounding cities, but that parks contribute to overall urban cooling — parks make our cities more comfortable in the summer!
- National Park and Recreation Month is an initiative of the National Recreation and Park Association (NRPA), to learn more about National Park and Recreation Month, visit nrpa.org/July.